Who doesn’t love meatball recipe? This one is baked within the oven for even browning and straightforward cleanup, then simmered in the most effective selfmade marinara sauce.
Meatballs are a staple recipe within the kitchen. Over time I’ve gotten artistic with turkey meatballs (in a heavenly maple mustard sauce), baked tuna meatballs, and fennel pork meatballs. However typically, traditional Italian-style meatballs simmered in recent marinara sauce are all I want for a dinner that’s easy, comforting, and tastes simply like residence.
And since you understand I really like meal prep-friendly components, it is best to know that these straightforward meatballs retailer nicely within the fridge or freezer. That’s why you’ll discover Mediterranean lamb meatballs in my Healthy Meal Prep Cookbook. Meatballs, regardless of the flavour, are a meal prep winner!
Baked Meatball Substances
These are “meatier” meatballs than traditional recipes as a result of there aren’t any breadcrumbs or panade. As an alternative, we’re swapping these with chopped onions, almond flour, and different components listed beneath. And with how good they’re, you gained’t even discover that they’re naturally gluten-free and low-carb. That’s only a bonus!
- Floor Meat: You’ll be able to select your favourite floor meat, however I really like a mix of floor beef and floor pork. Professional tip: don’t go too lean on the bottom beef. Select one which’s 80% lean for further moist meatballs!
- Egg: Only one massive egg is all you want for a binder.
- Flour: Since I’m gluten-free, I’m utilizing almond flour for this recipe. And whereas I’m not essentially low-carb, it does make the meatballs a low-carb recipe!
- Cheese: Attempt to use freshly grated parmesan cheese as a substitute of the packaged ones! It’ll make all of the distinction in the case of style.
- Aromatics: A lot of onion and garlic are a should!
- Seasonings & Herbs: You may make your individual Italian seasoning at residence or purchase a mix. And for herbs, parsley will give these meatballs a recent contact.
Enjoyable reality: Eggs really don’t make meatballs moist, they’re simply used as a binder. Actually, too many eggs can really make meatballs dense!
Discover the printable recipe with measurements beneath.
Meatballs With out Breadcrumbs
Is it potential to make meatballs with out breadcrumbs? It certain is! Traditional meatball recipes add breadcrumbs and milk to create a panade (which is sorta like a comfortable moist paste). However as a result of I’m gluten-free I add a mixture of almond flour, diced onion, grated parmesan, and chopped parsley. The onion provides moisture and the opposite components stop the meatballs from changing into too dense. I really assume my meatballs are extra flavorful!
How To Make Meatballs
Though I’ve pan-fried meatballs prior to now, baking meatballs is a lot simpler. You’ll be able to prepare dinner any sauce concurrently and toss every part collectively on the finish!
Combine the meatballs. Use your arms to mix the bottom meat, egg, onion, almond flour, parmesan, parsley, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Simply ensure to not over-mix!
Scoop and roll. I sometimes like to make use of this medium cookie scoop to ensure all my meatballs are across the identical measurement. Then roll the combination into balls and place them evenly on the baking sheet.
Bake till browned. Bake for 20 to 23 minutes at 400°F (200°C), till frivolously browned on the surface and simply cooked via. For those who’d like them a bit extra browned, broil them within the final 2 to three minutes.
A Few Questions Answered
Sure, simply omit the parmesan or substitute it with dairy-free cheese.
I select an 80% floor beef and blend that with floor pork and diced onion. For those who select a leaner floor meat, they’ll undoubtedly be a bit dryer.
Methods to Serve Meatballs
My favourite technique to get pleasure from these meatballs is with marinara sauce and freshly chopped parsley on high. However listed below are a couple of different concepts to take advantage of out of this recipe!
- Serve with different sauces. Toss these meatballs with basil pesto or chimichurri sauce for a recent summer season dish, or romesco sauce for a nutty and smoky taste!
- Toss with zucchini noodles. Much like my zucchini noodle bolognese, you may add recent zucchini noodles as the bottom.
- Function an appetizer. In addition to it being an awesome dinner, it makes for an even higher appetizer! You’ll be able to serve these on a platter with sauce, and stick a toothpick in each for the proper bite-sized snack.
- Storing for the week: Any leftovers will preserve in an hermetic container within the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
- Freezing for later: These meatballs are inclined to go quick, so make a second batch when you’re at it! Freeze the opposite half in a freezer-safe bag or container. They’ll preserve for as much as 3 months.
- For reheating: Don’t neglect to allow them to thaw in a single day within the fridge! Then you may merely microwave them for 1 to 2 minutes, or till warmed via.
Meatballs Recipe Video
If you see how scrumptious these meatballs look within the video beneath, you’ll immediately need to make them!
Extra Floor Beef Recipes
I’ve a sense this baked meatball recipe will change into a dinner staple! When you make it, let me know your ideas within the remark field beneath.
These baked meatballs simmered in the most effective selfmade marinara sauce are a comforting dinner recipe that tastes similar to residence.
Combine the components. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, mix the bottom meat, egg, onion, almond flour, parmesan, parsley, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Utilizing your arms, combine the components collectively till nicely mixed (however do not over combine).
Scoop and roll. Measure out 1 ½ tablespoons of the combination (or use a medium cookie scoop) and roll the combination between your arms, forming about 30 meatballs.
Bake till browned. Place the meatballs on the ready baking sheet and bake for 20 to 23 minutes, till frivolously browned on the surface and simply cooked via. If you would like them extra browned on the surface, activate the highest broiler within the final 2 to three minutes of baking.
Serving concepts. You’ll be able to serve the meatballs along with your favourite sauce, like marinara. Simply warmth the sauce in a pan on the range and toss the meatballs within the sauce. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
- I sometimes make my meatballs with 50/50 beef and pork, or 1 pound beef and ½ pound pork.
- The meatballs will naturally ooze a little bit of fats whereas baking. Simply scrape that off earlier than serving. You too can bake them on a rack on high of the baking sheet, to let the fats drip beneath.
Energy: 352kcal, Carbohydrates: 4g, Protein: 23g, Fats: 27g, Saturated Fats: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g, Monounsaturated Fats: 10g, Trans Fats: 1g, Ldl cholesterol: 111mg, Sodium: 549mg, Potassium: 370mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 302IU, Vitamin C: 4mg, Calcium: 94mg, Iron: 3mg
©Downshiftology. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Leave a Reply