This put up could comprise affiliate hyperlinks, which assist maintain this content material free. (Full disclosure)
This put up is sponsored by ChocZero. All opinions are my very own and I solely share merchandise I personally love. Thanks for supporting the manufacturers that make this web site attainable!
Snack or deal with? This darkish chocolate hummus recipe checks each containers! With easy elements and steps, this refined sugar free twist on the normal dip tastes so wealthy and chocolaty that you simply received’t discover the chickpeas. It’s lots like healthy fruit dip or sugar-free nutella, with the feel of brownie batter — candy, clean, and secretly good for you!
Why You’ll Love This Chocolate Hummus Recipe
- Chocolaty, barely nutty taste
- Creamy texture
- Easy elements
- 10 minutes from begin to end
- Satisfies a candy tooth with no refined sugar
- Naturally gluten-free and excessive in protein, with vegan choices
One of the simplest ways to make hummus style like a deal with? Add chocolate! And never simply any chocolate, both… Identical to my no-bake cookies, I take advantage of a mixture of cocoa powder and ChocZero Sugar-Free Dark Chocolate Chips so as to add wealthy, candy taste… with none sugar alcohols, gluten, soy, or dairy. You possibly can’t inform this darkish chocolate is sugar-free!
(Use code WHOLESOMEYUM to get 10% off, solely for my readers!)
Darkish Chocolate Hummus Elements & Substitutions
This part explains how to decide on the most effective elements for a wholesome chocolate hummus recipe, what every one does within the recipe, and substitution choices. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- ChocZero Sugar-Free Dark Chocolate Chips – This chocolate hummus makes use of melted chocolate to maintain it thick, plus further stirred in. Sugar-free chocolate chips make this hummus more healthy and style nice, however be happy to make use of any chocolate chips you favor.
- Chickpeas – Also called garbanzo beans! Be sure to empty and rinse your chickpeas. When you choose, you can additionally use black beans as a base.
- Tahini – Constituted of sesame seeds, this can be a basic ingredient in any hummus. It resembles nut butters like peanut butter and provides a delicate nutty style, however is nut-free. In a pinch, you can use cashew butter, almond butter, or pure peanut butter for this recipe.
- Honey – I take advantage of sugar-free honey for the sweetener after I make this, however common additionally works. If you’d like your hummus just a little sweeter, you can additionally use maple syrup (or sugar-free maple syrup), which might make this recipe vegan as properly.
- Cocoa Powder – Discover the most effective type you possibly can, because it creates a few of the deep flavors on this darkish chocolate hummus recipe.
- Vanilla Extract – Use prime quality vanilla extract for the most effective taste.
- Sea Salt – Brings out the sweetness.
- Milk – You need to use common dairy milk, almond milk, or every other milk you want.
VARIATION: Cauliflower chocolate hummus!
Use comfortable cooked cauliflower as a substitute of chickpeas, like I do in my cauliflower hummus recipe, however use the remainder of the elements and steps from the recipe under. This model can be very low carb if you happen to additionally use sugar-free honey and almond milk for the milk.
How To Make Chocolate Hummus
This part exhibits learn how to make darkish chocolate dessert hummus, with step-by-step images and particulars concerning the approach, that will help you visualize it. For full directions, together with quantities and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Soften chocolate. In a small bowl, soften chocolate chips within the microwave. (You too can do that in a double boiler on the range if you happen to choose.)
- Mix collectively. Add chickpeas, tahini, honey, cocoa powder, vanilla, salt, and melted chocolate to a food processor or highly effective blender. Mix till clean.
- Skinny it out. Add milk, one tablespoon at a time, mixing after every addition, till texture reaches your required consistency.
- Add chocolate chips. Switch chocolate hummus to a bowl and fold in additional chocolate chips. Add further ChocZero chocolate chips on high and serve with dippers of selection.
- Retailer: To protect taste and texture, retailer chocolate hummus in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 2 weeks.
- Meal prep: Since hummus shops properly within the fridge or freezer, it’s an ideal snack or appetizer to make forward of time.
- Freeze: Switch completed hummus to an hermetic container and retailer it within the freezer for as much as two months. Thaw within the fridge in a single day earlier than serving.
What To Eat Chocolate Hummus With
This dip makes the proper addition to so many dishes. Attempt these straightforward pairings:
- Bread – Slather this dip on a slice of your favourite bread. I lik wholesome choices lik coconut bread, chewy almond flour bread, or flaxseed bread.
- Fruit – Attempt strawberries, raspberries, bananas, apples, pears, or oranges with this scrumptious dip.
- Chips – Pair this unfold with baked zucchini chips, pita chips, or pretzels for a candy and salty mixture.
- Crackers – The chocolate taste of this hummus makes an ideal addition to graham crackers (or my sugar-free graham crackers). However almond flour crackers or common store-bought crackers can be scrumptious, too.
- Breakfast – You’ll love this unfold on fluffy protein pancakes, golden coconut flour waffles, crepes (or almond flour crepes), or bagels.
Extra Wholesome Chocolate Recipes
Benefit from the wealthy taste of chocolate with not one of the guilt utilizing these gluten-free and sugar-free chocolate recipes!
Chocolate Hummus (Easy & Healthy!)
This chocolate hummus recipe is a creamy, decadent, and healthy dip, with no refined sugar. Make it in just 10 minutes!
Prep: 10 minutes
Total: 10 minutes
Servings: 10 (adjust to scale recipe)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Melt 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips in a small bowl in the microwave.
Combine the chickpeas, tahini, honey, cocoa powder, vanilla, salt, and melted chocolate in a food processor or highly effective blender. Mix till clean.
Add the milk, one tablespoon at a time, and mix after every addition, till the feel reaches your required consistency.
Switch the chocolate hummus to a bowl and fold within the remaining chocolate chips.
Serving dimension: 2 tablespoons
Vitamin data makes use of common honey and a pair of% milk. Sugar is way decrease if utilizing sugar-free honey and almond milk.
Quantity per serving. Serving dimension in recipe notes above.
Whole Carbs 28.6g
Internet Carbs 20.1g
Vitamin information are offered as a courtesy. Have questions on calculations or why you bought a distinct consequence? Please see our nutrition policy.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Healthful Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or web sites. We’d LOVE so that you can share a hyperlink with photograph as a substitute. 🙂
Leave a Reply