Our rooster salad recipe is made with completely grilled rooster, greens, blueberries, apple, gorgonzola, bacon, slivered almonds, and a homemade creamy honey mustard dressing.
Taste-Packed Grilled Rooster Salad
In case you’re trying to get your protein and greens multi functional meal, then this grilled rooster salad is simply what you want.
Made with juicy grilled rooster breast, candy blueberries, salty bacon, and a do-it-yourself honey mustard French dressing, that is going to be your go-to rooster salad from right here on out!
Why you’ll adore it!
If these photographs don’t instantly persuade you that you should make this grilled rooster salad recipe, listed below are a couple of extra the explanation why!
- Excessive protein: 42g protein per serving makes this salad a terrific wholesome lunch or dinner!
- Recent: this salad packs in recent fruits and veggies and there really isn’t something higher.
- Wholesome Fat: our do-it-yourself honey mustard dressing is made with full-fat Greek yogurt and the slivered almonds add a pleasant contact, too.
- Balanced: you’ve received your protein, wholesome fat, fruit, and veggies multi functional meal! YES!
What’s on this grilled rooster salad?
- Salad greens: the wonderful thing about most FFF salads, is that you would be able to select no matter greens you want greatest. We selected Spring lettuce, however area greens, spinach, or arugula are nice choices.
- Grilled rooster: you’ll want about 1 lb. of grilled rooster or 2 massive rooster breasts. It’s also possible to use grilled chicken thighs, too.
- Gorgonzola cheese: gorgonzola provides such nice taste to this salad! Not an enormous fan? Strive blue, goat, and even white cheddar.
- Apples: apples add crunch and a candy taste this actually compliments the remainder of the savory flavors.
- Blueberries: I like including blueberries to salads as a result of they’re not too candy, but they add a lot taste.
- Slivered almonds: what’s a salad with out a nut? Choice to make use of entire almonds and chop them into smaller items.
- Bacon: as a result of why not add bacon? Comply with our tutorial on how to cook bacon in the oven or microwave bacon for the simplest method to cook dinner your bacon.
- Homemade honey mustard: when you make this dressing, you’ll by no means return to store-bought!
Unbelievable steak salad made with completely grilled New York strip steak, tons of veggies, avocado, goat cheese, and a yummy herby French dressing dressing!
Ideas for Salad with Grilled Rooster
Grilling chicken breast is tremendous easy and I’m going to offer you 2 tricks to get good grilled rooster for salad each time.
- 400ºF grill temp: 400ºF shouldn’t be too sizzling and never too chilly. It’ll get you attractive grill marks on the surface and juicy, tender meat on the within.
- 165ºF inner temp: since all rooster breasts are totally different, the one factor you should do as a way to work out if it’s completed is measure the inner temperature. So? Seize your self a meat thermometer and cook dinner your rooster to perfection.
What sort of rooster can I exploit in grilled rooster salad?
Whereas we used grilled rooster breast, any lower of grilled rooster will work!
Don’t need to grill your rooster?
Don’t have a grill? Comply with our straightforward pan-seared chicken breast recipe or our baked chicken breast recipe for different strategies.
attempt our grilled salmon!
As a substitute of utilizing rooster all collectively, attempt making our grilled salmon recipe for a simple twist on this salad.
Do-it-yourself Honey Mustard
No components, no preservatives, simply 6 complete elements to take advantage of scrumptious better-for-you homemade honey mustard dressing. Right here’s what you want:
- Greek yogurt
- yellow mustard
- white vinegar
- garlic powder
Honey Mustard Dressing
The simplest honey mustard dressing recipe you’ll ever make! This recipe is made with Greek yogurt, yellow mustard, honey, and a bit white vinegar.
Extra Salad Dressing Concepts
Not a fan of honey mustard? Strive one among our different homemade dressings under!
Creamy Green Goddess Dressing – This Creamy Inexperienced Goddess Dressing recipe is made with a Greek yogurt base, tons of recent herbs, anti-inflammatory spices, and a squeeze of lemon juice.
Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing – Our avo cilantro lime dressing is recent, tangy, and a A+ option to preserve in your fridge always!
Best Balsamic Dressing – Easy but oh so flavorful, this ain’t no primary balsamic dressing. Made with actual elements, and the proper companion to any salad. Make this dressing immediately!
Homemade Poppyseed Dressing – Strive our poppy seed dressing recipe. It’s made with olive oil, lemon juice, a bit Greek yogurt, poppy seeds, and honey.
Grilled Rooster Salad
A light-weight a recent grilled rooster salad recipe made with completely grilled rooster breast, blueberries, gorgonzola cheese, apple, almonds, bacon, and honey mustard dressing.
Prepare dinner:20 minutes
Grilled Rooster Breast
- 1-1.5 lb. boneless skinless rooster breasts
- 2-3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon floor pepper
- 8 cups spring lettuce combine
- 1/4 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup diced apples
- 1 cup recent blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked bacon ~6 strips
Grilled Rooster Breast
First, season rooster with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Put aside.
Subsequent, preheat the grill to 400ºF and spray grates with cooking spray
Grill rooster breasts at 400ºF for round quarter-hour, flipping midway by means of. You already know the rooster breast is completed cooking when the inner temperature reaches 165ºF.
Take away from the grill and let sit for five minutes. Then, lower into small chunks.
Honey Mustard Dressing
To make this do-it-yourself honey mustard dressing, comply with the directions HERE.
To assemble the salad, place about 2 cups of spring lettuce combine in every bowl.
Then, prime every salad with equal quantities of gorgonzola cheese, almonds, apples, blueberries, bacon bits, and diced rooster breast.
Lastly, drizzle on about 2 tablespoons of honey mustard dressing onto every salad.
Energy: 521kcal Carbohydrates: 48g Protein: 42g Fats: 19g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 36g
Images: photographs taken on this submit are by Erin from The Picket Skillet.
Leave a Reply