Fried cabbage is one hearty and flavorful facet dish. Cabbage is sautéed till buttery tender, then combined with bacon, stone floor mustard, and smoked paprika for an irresistible candy, savory, and smoky taste.
Let me forewarn you, this recipe is extremely addictive! Fried cabbage is a twist on my sautéed cabbage recipe — however 10x higher (in my view) due to crispy bacon, savory mustard, and a touch of smoked paprika!
Fried cabbage is a much-loved Southern recipe, and for good cause. A couple of easy, budget-friendly substances create one wow-worthy facet dish. Serve it up alongside my creamy Cajun chicken or actually any consolation meals fundamental. It’s additionally a welcome addition to any St. Patrick’s Day menu, the place cabbage recipes take centerstage!
Fried Cabbage Elements
You received’t imagine how flavorful this recipe is with only a few easy pantry staples.
- Cabbage: You need to use any coloured cabbage, however I all the time go for inexperienced.
- Bacon: A couple of strips of bacon make the whole lot style higher.
- Aromatics: All you want are onion and garlic to lend a savory aroma.
- Seasoning: I’m utilizing stone floor mustard for a full-bodied taste, however you can too use Dijon mustard. Then a touch of smoked paprika provides a little bit of a kick!
Discover the printable recipe with measurements under.
How To Make Fried Cabbage
This fried cabbage with bacon comes collectively in below half-hour! Right here’s tips on how to make it:
Cook dinner the bacon. Warmth a big pan over medium warmth and prepare dinner the bacon till it’s completely crisp, then take away with a slotted spoon and put aside. Take away some bacon grease from the pan, leaving about two tablespoons.
Sauté onion. Add the onion and sauté within the bacon grease for two to three minutes.
Add the great things. Toss within the garlic, mustard, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper, and provides it a superb stir.
In goes the cabbage. Add the sliced cabbage and sauté the whole lot collectively. Cook dinner for 12 to fifteen minutes till the cabbage turns into caramelized. Then toss the bacon bits again in!
Fried Cabbage Variations
- Change up the seasonings: use chili powder or Cajun seasoning for a barely totally different spice.
- Add a touch of sweetness: with a teaspoon of coconut sugar or a drizzle of honey.
- Add some meat: be at liberty so as to add any kind of smoked sausage. Simply slice or cube it up into items.
What To Eat With Southern Fried Cabbage
I’ve been identified to eat fried cabbage by itself (and a couple of serving) – as a result of it’s that good. But it surely tastes even higher when paired with a hearty protein. Listed below are a number of choices.
Similar to most sautéed or roasted greens, they make for an important meal prep possibility. Merely prep on a Sunday and retailer away in containers.
- To retailer: Place the fried cabbage in an hermetic container for as much as 5 days within the fridge. Whenever you’re able to eat, microwave it till it’s warmed by or give it a fast sauté within the pan.
Fried Cabbage Video
Wish to see how straightforward it’s to make this recipe? Watch the video under!
Extra Straightforward Aspect Dishes
You possibly can by no means have too many facet dish choices prepared for fast and straightforward dinners. Give the under ones a attempt! And for those who love cabbage….don’t neglect my classic coleslaw and vinegar coleslaw recipes.
I’m fairly assured you’re going to like this fried cabbage recipe! In the event you make it, let me know the way it seems within the remark field under.
Straightforward Fried Cabbage
This straightforward fried cabbage recipe is one flavorful facet dish loaded with bacon, onion, and stone floor mustard.
Energy: 142kcal, Carbohydrates: 12g, Protein: 5g, Fats: 9g, Saturated Fats: 3g, Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g, Monounsaturated Fats: 4g, Trans Fats: 0.03g, Ldl cholesterol: 15mg, Sodium: 229mg, Potassium: 343mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 6g, Vitamin A: 202IU, Vitamin C: 57mg, Calcium: 72mg, Iron: 1mg
©Downshiftology. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Recipe initially printed October 2020, however up to date to incorporate new info.
Leave a Reply