Made with canned chickpeas, peanut butter, pure maple syrup, and chocolate chips, this simple Chickpea Cookie Dough is wholesome, adaptable to totally different diets, and, most significantly, legitimately tastes like precise cookie dough!
You’ll should belief me once I say this edible chickpea cookie dough doesn’t style like beans (nor do these Black Bean Brownies and Chickpea Blondies!).
Because of the pure sweetness of maple syrup, the nuttiness of creamy peanut butter, and a beneficiant sprinkle of cinnamon and chocolate chips, no one (not even your choosy toddler) will ever know that this candy deal with is truly good for them (similar to my favourite Sweet Potato Cookies)!
Get your spoon prepared as a result of this “fake dough” is chocolate-chip-cookie-licious!
5 Star Evaluate
“YUM YUM YUM! I used to be skeptical at first however as soon as I attempted the cookie dough I turned head over heals for it! This recipe is AMAZING!”
— Mia —
Why I Love This Chickpea Cookie Dough
I’ve just a few edible cookie dough recipes on my web site already, however this chickpea cookie dough stands out for numerous causes.
- Accessible Elements. No loopy components right here. In actual fact, you most likely have every part you want in your pantry already. (You most likely have all of the components to make these Healthy Brownies too, simply sayin’.)
- Speedy Preparation. Merely toss the components into your meals processor. In just some minutes, you’re able to dive in. (Similar applies to this Chocolate Hummus.)
- Legitimately Scrumptious. Sure, chickpea cookie dough tastes good! The garbanzo taste is very delicate and nearly imperceptible to anybody snacking on it.
Added bonus? This recipe is tremendous adaptable to a variety of dietary wants.
Those that are in search of a cookie dough that may be nut-free, egg-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, and/or vegan needn’t look any additional!
Methods to Make Chickpea Cookie Dough
As talked about, this chickpea cookie dough makes use of frequent pantry components.
Right here’s what you want to make it, in addition to just a few substitution concepts.
- Chickpeas. An ultra-easy, creamy, and sneakily wholesome solution to get pleasure from cookie dough taste! Chickpeas are excessive in filling protein and fiber, so this cookie dough can fulfill your starvation and your candy tooth cravings.
- Creamy Peanut Butter. Like in Peanut Butter Protein Balls, the peanut butter provides wealthy, scrumptious taste and creaminess. Any nut butter will work right here, and I believe an almond chickpea cookie dough with almond butter can be tasty.
- Rolled Oats. Utilizing oats as an alternative of flour makes this recipe protected for uncooked consumption and brings added well being advantages. Oats are filled with fiber, protein, iron, and antioxidants.
- Cinnamon + Vanilla. A touch of cinnamon livens up the flavour, and the vanilla pairs fantastically with all the opposite components.
- Maple Syrup. Excellent for bringing pure sweetness to the chickpea cookie dough and holding it vegan. Add a bit or so much to achieve your required sweetness.
- Chocolate Chips. The important.
- Baking Powder. If baking the cookie dough into cookies (instructions beneath), the baking powder helps the chickpea cookies rise. I additionally discover that including it makes the recipe style extra like precise cookie dough.
- Add all of the components besides the chocolate chips to a meals processor.
If you don’t personal a meals processor. You possibly can experiment with making this chickpea cookie dough in a high-powered blender; I actually didn’t have nice success with this technique, however a technique you can attempt to work round it’s to mix half of the recipe at a time.
- Course of till easy and creamy. Style and alter sweetness as wanted.
- Switch the combination to a bowl and fold within the chocolate chips. Serve instantly or bake as cookies (see instructions beneath). ENJOY!
Methods to Bake the Dough to Make Chickpea Cookies
Along with having fun with this dough proper from the bowl, it’s also possible to bake it into comfortable and chewy chickpea cookies. For the perfect of each worlds, get pleasure from among the dough uncooked, then bake up the remaining!
- Preheat the oven to 325 levels F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Scoop the dough. Small cookies work finest. I used a small cookie scoop to make cookies that had been every about 2 tablespoons of dough and 1 1/2 inches aside.
- Organize the cookies on the baking sheet and flippantly press the tops. The cookies gained’t unfold throughout baking, so flippantly press the tops to flatten them barely.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Then, let the cookies relaxation on the sheet for five minutes, earlier than transferring them to a wire rack to chill fully. In case you like your cookies further doughy, you’ll be able to take away them as early as 8 minutes.
- Retailer at room temperature. I’m guessing these would final for 3 to 4 days, although ours didn’t make it that lengthy…
Chickpea Cookie Dough Recipe Variations
- To Make Nut Free. Swap the nut butter for sunflower seed butter; you additionally might attempt swapping it for Greek yogurt or unsweetened applesauce.
- To Make With out Oats (Grain Free). Try my No Bake Protein Balls, which use coconut flour and style like cookie dough. You could possibly experiment with floor flaxseeds and almond flour as properly.
- To Make Gluten Free. You’ll want to use licensed gluten-free rolled oats or use one of many “oat free” substitutions above.
- To Make Chickpea Cookie Dough Balls. Merely scoop and roll the dough into balls of your required dimension. Retailer within the fridge (or freezer!) and munch as desired.
- To Make a Wholesome Cookie Dough Dip with Chickpeas. Add 2 tablespoons almond milk to the meals processor with the opposite components; proceed including milk, just a few teaspoons at a time, till the cookie dough reaches a easy, thick, but “dippable” consistency. Serve with pretzels, graham crackers, apple slices, vanilla wafer cookies, or any of your different favourite dessert dippers.
- To Retailer. Cowl the chickpea cookie dough, and retailer it within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
- To Freeze Chickpea Cookie Dough. Fortunately, you’ll be able to freeze chickpea cookie dough! For ease, I recommend storing it in a number of small freezer-safe storage containers. Then, you’ll be able to thaw them separately as wanted. Retailer the cookie dough within the freezer for as much as 3 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge, and provides it stir earlier than serving.
- To Freeze Unbaked Chickpea Cookies. You may as well freeze the unbaked chickpea cookies. Organize your cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and place it within the freezer till the cookies are frozen strong. Switch them to an hermetic freezer-safe storage container for as much as 3 months. Bake from frozen as directed.
- Mixing Bowls. These are perfect for making ready and storing the chickpea cookie dough.
- Batter Scoop. In case you determine to make these into cookies, this device is ideal for portioning the dough.
- Food Processor. I’ve had this one for years, and it nonetheless works nice!
Extra No Bake Desserts to Take pleasure in
Grasp your candy tooth with this grasp of dessert disguise.
Incessantly Requested Questions
Chickpeas are a magical baking ingredient various loaded with fiber, protein, and folic acid, and manganese. They primarily perform as an alternative choice to conventional all-purpose flour, in addition to some binding brokers (like eggs) and fats. They’re nice for these in search of gluten-free baked items.
No. Chickpea flour doesn’t good in its unbaked type and is simply too dry, so I might not advocate it for this edible chickpea cookie dough.
My unique Edible Cookie Dough is tremendous yummy, however as a result of it accommodates flour, the components should be heat-treated first. That’s not the case with chickpea cookie dough. This recipe is flourless, utilizing oats as an alternative. In contrast to flour, oats are steamed as part of their processing earlier than they ever attain the bundle, so they’re suitable for eating whenever you purchase them.
Like common cookies, chickpea cookies are absolutely baked after they seem set on the sides and now not have a shiny look. In case you get pleasure from your cookies underbaked, you’ll be able to pull them as early as 8 minutes. In case you like a well-done cookie, pull at 10 minutes, or bake a bit longer till they attain your required degree of doneness.
Whereas oats are naturally gluten free, in case you are delicate to gluten, it is best to at all times go for oats which can be manufactured in an authorized gluten free facility to keep away from any cross-contamination. You’ll want to verify your labels.
- 1 15-ounce can lowered sodium chickpeas rinsed and drained (or white beans or 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas or cooked white beans)
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter or nut butter of selection to make nut free, see weblog publish above for options
- 1/4 cup rolled oats or fast cooking oats to make with out oats/grain free, see weblog publish above for options
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup plus further to style
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips or mini chocolate chips
To the bowl of a meals processor fitted with a metal blade, add the entire components within the order listed, aside from the chocolate chips: the chickpeas, peanut butter, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, maple syrup, and vanilla. Course of till easy, creamy, and fully mixed. Cease and scrape down the bowl a number of occasions as wanted. Relying upon your meals processor, this will likely take a number of minutes and several other scrape downs. Style the “dough.” In case you’d prefer it sweeter, add further maple syrup 1 teaspoon at a time, till it’s as candy as you want.
Switch the dough to a mixing bowl and fold within the chocolate chips (You can also try to combine them straight within the meals processor bowl, however I discover utilizing a separate bowl is simpler and simpler in the long run). Take pleasure in instantly or switch to an hermetic container and refrigerate till able to serve. You may as well bake the dough as cookies. See weblog publish above.
- TO STORE: Cowl the chickpea cookie dough, and retailer it within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
- TO FREEZE DOUGH: For ease, I recommend storing it in a number of small freezer-safe storage containers. Then, you’ll be able to thaw them separately as wanted. You possibly can retailer the cookie dough within the freezer for as much as 3 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge, then give it stir earlier than serving.
- TO FREEZE UNBAKED COOKIES: You may as well freeze the unbaked chickpea cookies. Organize your cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and place it within the freezer till the cookies are strong. Switch them to an hermetic freezer-safe storage container for as much as 3 months. Bake from frozen as directed.
- TO MAKE NUT/GRAIN FREE: See weblog publish above for tricks to make with out nut butter and to make grain free.
- TO MAKE COOKIES: This recipe can be baked as 14 cookies; see weblog publish above for instructions.
Serving: 1(of 14); 2 tablespoons dough or 1 cookieEnergy: 101kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 3gFats: 4gSaturated Fats: 2gLdl cholesterol: 1mgPotassium: 126mgFiber: 2gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 5IUCalcium: 36mgIron: 1mg
Be part of at the moment and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite recipes and entry FREE meal plans.
Don’t miss these different stealthy, healthy dessert recipes:
Leave a Reply