Veggie and vegan burgers are all the trend, however simply how wholesome are these meat options you’re reaching for? The easiest way to make sure you’re getting probably the most vitamins out of your meals is to make your personal, from contemporary, seasonal substances. Quinoa burgers are a scrumptious and wholesome various to beef burgers. Quinoa is a gluten-free, high-protein grain, which makes it an ideal vegetarian possibility for individuals who need to cut back their meat consumption or observe a plant-based weight loss program, with out lacking out on vitamins. Beetroot is one in every of my spring hero substances, often called the liver detoxifier due to its betalains that may increase liver operate. You could find out extra in regards to the many advantages of beetroot in my book Eat Beautiful.
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS
What are the Dietary Advantages of Quinoa Burgers?
Quinoa is rich in protein, fibre, and essential vitamins and minerals. It’s a uncommon instance of an entire protein, which implies it incorporates all 9 important amino acids that the physique wants for development and restore. It is usually supply of iron, magnesium, phosphorus, and manganese, that are important for sustaining wholesome bones, muscle tissues, and organs. Sounds too wholesome to be scrumptious, proper? Mix quinoa with beetroot, aubergine, garlic and oats and also you’ll have an indulgent, tasty burger that’s good for dinner events!
Are you bought? Take a look at my Beet & Quinoa Burgers Recipe from Eat Beautiful, beneath.
Beet & Quinoa Burgers Recipe
MAKES 4 BURGERS
260 CALORIES PER BURGER
5 tbsp floor flaxseed
6 tbsp heat water
1 aubergine, chopped
3 medium-sized cooked beetroots, grated
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
90g gluten-free rolled oats
Oil, for cooking
Sea salt and black pepper
4 slices of buffalo mozzarella
4 massive spinach or lettuce leaves
- Place the quinoa in a pan and pour in 180ml water. Convey to the boil, then simmer for 15–20 minutes or till tender.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the flaxseed to a small bowl with the nice and cozy water, stir collectively and put aside.
- Steam the aubergine for five minutes till tender sufficient to pierce with a fork, then switch to a meals processor and whizz till clean. Place in a bowl and put aside.
- Now blitz the beetroot. Add the garlic, oats and closing 3 tablespoons of flaxseed. Pulse to mix, then switch to a big bowl. Add the soaked flaxseed and aubergine and season. Combine collectively to kind a dough.
- Form into 4 burgers, then place on a baking paper-lined tray. Chill within the fridge for not less than an hour.
- Pour oil right into a frying pan over a medium warmth. When scorching, add the burgers and sear on either side for 3–4 minutes.
- Prime with a slice of mozzarella and wrap in a leaf to serve.
MORE SPRING RECIPES: Bakes Aubergine | Seaweed Nori Rolls | Spring-Friendly Fritatta
© Wendy Rowe. All Rights Reserved.
Leave a Reply