In the event you’re searching for one of the best Almond Flour Cookies ever, look no additional. Not like the dry, crumbly almond flour cookies you’ll have had up to now, this simple and wholesome cookie recipe is irresistibly mushy, chewy, and studded with chocolate in each chew.
There are some things I search for in an awesome cookie recipe.
- First, the cookie should fulfill all the apparent cookie necessities: calmly crisp on the edges, near-molten within the center, and nuanced with totally different ranges of taste like vanilla and chocolate.
And on the identical time, the cookie recipe should:
- Nail the less-immediate although not-to-be-ignored qualities like: Made with wholesome substances, blended in a single bowl, and requires no dough refrigeration.
In the present day’s simple almond cookie recipe ticks all of the containers (and extra).
5 Star Evaluate
“THE BEST LOW CARB COOKIES I’VE EVER MADE!!! I’m going to make a minimum of one other three batches!”
— Anna —
Why That is the BEST Almond Flour Cookie Recipe
Belief me, I’ve had my fair proportion of boring, dry, and crumbly almond flour cookies. These wholesome almond flour cookies are not that.
Not like different almond flour cookie recipes you may need tried, this recipe:
- Has been rigorously formulated to yield mushy and chewy chocolate chip cookies made with almond flour.
- Is of course gluten free (however doesn’t style gluten free, if you already know what I imply—the identical is true of my Gluten Free Carrot Cake).
- From begin to end is prepared in half-hour. Excellent for if you need cookies and wish them now.
- Versatile! This recipe can simply be tailored to swimsuit a variety of diets. I’ve included tricks to make these vegan almond flour cookies within the FAQ part, and readers have additionally reported making easy tweaks to create keto almond flour cookies from this recipe too!
In the end, that is the one almond flour cookie with chocolate chips you’ll ever want (or need)!
Find out how to Make Almond Flour Cookies
Seize a bowl, seize your bag of almond flour, and get baking.
Very quickly in any respect, you’ll be munching on one (or seven) of one of the best almond flour cookies you’ve ever had.
- Almond Flour. What does almond flour do to cookies? It offers them a moist and chewy texture, offers intense taste, and provides dietary advantages (as in these Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies). Almond flour is wealthy in fiber, calcium, vitamin E, and different vitamins, making it a wholesome alternative. It’s naturally gluten-free and grain-free. You will discover it at most grocery shops or online here.
- Coconut Sugar. Related in taste to brown sugar, coconut sugar is much less refined, and your physique absorbs it extra slowly, which means it results in fewer blood sugar spikes. Coconut sugar is similar factor as coconut palm sugar and is offered at most main grocery shops and online here.
- Almond Butter. A wholesome approach to make the cookies wealthy and satisfying! I am keen on the double-almond whammy of almond flour mixed with almond butter.
- Chocolate Chips. I like a pleasant darkish chocolate right here (and in my favourite Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies). Chocolate chips are best, however in the event you don’t thoughts a little bit of chopping, a chopped good-quality darkish chocolate bar could be dreamy.
- Flaky Sea Salt. The ultimate somethin’ somethin’ that makes these almond flour cookies really pop. I discovered the cookies tasted a bit flat with out the salt, so in the event you plan not to high the cookies with salt, chances are you’ll need to add an additional pinch or two to your batter.
- Beat the moist substances collectively.
- Sprinkle the dry substances over the combination. Beat slowly till mixed. Fold within the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into balls and switch them to a parchment-lined baking pan.
- Flatten the tops of every cookie and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake almond flour cookies at 350 levels F for 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool utterly on a wire rack, then ENJOY!
Watch your prepare dinner time and take care to not overbake the cookies.
Be happy to alter up these cookies by including or swapping the mix-ins. Listed below are a few of my favourite concepts:
- Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies. Swap the almond butter for peanut butter and use peanut butter chips as an alternative of (or along with) the chocolate chips.
- Crunchy Almond Flour Cookies. Omit the chocolate chips and use 1/4 cup chopped nuts as an alternative.
- Funfetti Almond Flour Cookies. Omit the chocolate chips. Whereas your cookies are cooling on the baking sheet, high them with sprinkles.
- Cinnamon Almond Flour Cookies. Omit the chocolate chips and add 1 teaspoon cinnamon. For an almond flour snickerdoodle impact, roll your cookie dough balls in cinnamon sugar simply earlier than baking.
- Thumbprint Cookies with Almond Flour. Omit the chocolate chips. Then, instantly after eradicating them from the oven, make a small indent within the middle of every cookie, and fill them with melted chocolate, caramel, or your favourite fruit jam.
- To Retailer. Leftover gluten-free cookies may be saved at room temperature for as much as 4 days.
- To Freeze. Freeze cookies in an hermetic, freezer-safe storage container or ziptop bag for as much as 3 months. To reheat from frozen, bake in a 350 diploma F oven (don’t thaw them first) for five minutes, or till warmed via.
Meal Prep Tip
To Freeze Unbaked Cookies. Portion the dough into balls and organize on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place the sheet within the freezer till the dough is agency, then switch to an hermetic container or freezer-grade ziptop bag and freeze for as much as 3 months.
Extra Gluten Free Treats
Take pleasure in these wholesome almond flour cookies alone, or pair them with one (or extra) of those tasty gluten-free treats.
The Greatest Stand Mixer
With quite a few speeds and attachment choices, this stand mixer can do all of it. Plus, it is available in so many enjoyable colours!
In the event you do that almond flour chocolate chip cookies, please let me know what you assume within the feedback part under.
I like listening to your suggestions; I hope you take pleasure in them as a lot as we do!
Regularly Requested Questions
Sure, you can also make these almond flour cookies vegan. Swap the butter for two tablespoons of a vegan buttery substitute (room-temperature coconut oil would additionally work, although I choose the flavour of butter for cookies). Swap the egg for a flax egg (to make the flax egg, stir 1 tablespoon of floor flaxseed meal along with 3 tablespoons of water; let sit for five minutes to gel, then use within the recipe as directed). Ensure that your chocolate is dairy-free.
Attempting to make these almond flour with no sugar and almond flour cookies with honey or maple syrup didn’t yield good outcomes. The cookies tasted dry or the batter was too runny. I discover that coconut sugar is the best-performing and most pure choice. (In the event you’re searching for one other approach to make use of your coconut sugar, attempt these Peanut Butter Banana Cookies.)
I personally haven’t made almond flour cookies keto, however if in case you have a low-carb sweetener (like monk fruit sweetener or erythritol) you will have swapped for brown sugar or coconut sugar with success in different recipes, you might be welcome to experiment.
Almond flour can’t be substituted for all-purpose flour or vice versa. The 2 have utterly distinctive properties that influence their efficiency in baking, together with their weight, the way in which they rise and bind with different substances, their fats and protein content material, and extra. Almond flour is offered at most main grocery shops and online here.
The suitable substitution for almond flour is one other floor tree nut flour, similar to hazelnut flour or cashew nut flour.
In the event you’re inquisitive about baking extra with almond flour, don’t miss any of my tasty almond flour recipes.
No, coconut flour is just not a superb substitution for almond flour, as it is extremely dry, whereas almond flour is moist, so your cookies will come out VERY dry. Solely use coconut flour for recipes developed particularly for it, like Coconut Flour Cookies. The suitable substitution for almond flour is one other floor tree nut flour, similar to hazelnut flour or cashew nut flour.
Usually, almond flour cookies crumble due to a measuring error; weigh your flour to make certain you might be utilizing the correct quantity. Moreover, it’s vital to let the cookies cool utterly and set earlier than eradicating them from the baking sheet.
In case your almond flour cookies are falling flat, it’s probably as a result of your oven wasn’t on the appropriate temperature. In case your oven is simply too scorching or too chilly, it may trigger the cookies to fall throughout baking. Your baking soda may also have expired. To check if it’s lively, add a number of drops of acid, similar to lemon juice or vinegar. If it fizzes, it’s nonetheless good.
As with every type of baking, observe makes excellent. In the event you’re new to baking with almond flour, you’ll be able to anticipate a little bit of a studying curve because it behaves in a different way than common flour in baking. Resist the urge to switch a recipe the primary few instances you make it till you’re snug with the outcomes.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature (to make vegan, use vegan butter or coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or gentle or darkish brown sugar
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 massive egg at room temperature (to make vegan, use a flax egg)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups almond flour sifted if lumpy
- 1/2 cup semisweet or darkish chocolate chips dairy free if wanted
- Flaky sea salt, similar to Maldon or fleur de sel elective
Preheat the oven to 350 levels F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
Within the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or a big mixing bowl, beat the butter, coconut sugar, almond butter, egg, and vanilla extract on medium-high velocity, till easily mixed.
Sprinkle the baking soda and salt evenly excessive, then sprinkle within the almond flour. With the mixer on low velocity, beat till the combination is properly mixed. By hand, fold within the chocolate chips.
With a cookie scoop or spoon, portion the dough by 2 tablespoonfuls and roll into balls (every ball might be about 2 inches in diameter). Organize on the baking sheet, leaving 2 inches between every.
Along with your fingers, calmly flatten the tops of the cookies. Sprinkle with salt, if utilizing.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or till the perimeters are simply starting to brown. The cookies will really feel dry on the highest and edges however barely molten and underbaked beneath the floor when touched. Place the sheet on a cooling rack. Permit the cookies to chill on the sheet for five minutes, then switch them to the cooling rack and allow them to end cooling for so long as you’ll be able to stand the suspense.
- TO STORE: Leftover cookies may be saved at room temperature for as much as 4 days.
- TO FREEZE: Freeze cookies in an hermetic, freezer-safe storage container or ziptop bag for as much as 3 months. To reheat from frozen, bake in a 350 diploma F oven (don’t thaw them first) for five minutes, or till warmed via.
- TO FREEZE UNBAKED COOKIES: Portion the dough into balls and organize on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place the sheet within the freezer till the dough is agency, then switch to an hermetic container or freezer-grade ziptop bag and freeze for as much as 3 months.
- TO MAKE VEGAN: See the steps listed within the FAQ part above.
- Tailored from Love and Lemons Every Day
Serving: 1cookieEnergy: 226kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 6gFats: 17gSaturated Fats: 4gPolyunsaturated Fats: 1gMonounsaturated Fats: 3gTrans Fats: 0.1gLdl cholesterol: 21mgPotassium: 88mgFiber: 3gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 85IUCalcium: 65mgIron: 1mg
Be a part of at present and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite recipes and entry FREE meal plans.
Leave a Reply