This submit might include affiliate hyperlinks, which assist hold this content material free. (Full disclosure)
Should you want a brand new recipe in your quick dinner rotation… right here it’s! This Korean beef bowl recipe checks all the healthy dinner test packing containers. It’s fast and straightforward to make (simply 20 minutes!) and tremendous flavorful, due to a mouthwatering sauce with garlic, ginger, and sesame oil, plus satisfying floor beef that will get somewhat crispy from the stir fry sauce. Then, it’s served over a mattress of rice (on this case, cauliflower rice!) for a wholesome meal.
Identical to a burger in a bowl, easy egg roll in a bowl, and Asian chicken lettuce wraps, utilizing floor beef helps this recipe come collectively quick. Many conventional Korean beef bowl recipes use added sugar, however this model is completely sugar-free!
Why You’ll Love This Korean Beef Bowl Recipe
- Excellent stability of candy and savory taste
- Soften-in-your-mouth texture
- Made in a single pan for simple cleanup
- Naturally gluten-free, low carb, and sugar-free
- Prepared in simply 20 minutes
- Excellent for busy weeknights
Substances & Substitutions
This part explains how to decide on the perfect substances for a Korean floor beef bowl, what each does within the recipe, and substitution choices. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Olive Oil – For sauteing. Avocado oil, or any impartial, high-heat cooking oil, would work as effectively.
- Cauliflower – You should use frozen or contemporary cauliflower to make the cauliflower rice. Or, use leftover cooked cauliflower rice in case you have some.
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper
Should you favor to make use of common rice in your Korean beef rice bowl, you’ll be able to prepare dinner it utilizing your favourite technique and use that as the bottom as an alternative of cooking cauliflower rice.
Beef & Stir Fry Sauce:
- Olive Oil – For sauteing.
- Ground Beef – I made this a Korean floor beef bowl, however you’ll be able to actually use any sort of floor meat that you’ve or that’s your favourite, together with floor turkey, floor rooster, or floor pork. I used 85/15 floor beef, however you may as well use 90/10 lean floor beef or 80/20 that’s greater in fats (you might need to empty it if utilizing 80/20). An alternative choice can be to make use of thinly sliced flank steak or skirt steak as an alternative.
- Sea Salt
- Garlic – I used contemporary garlic for the perfect taste, however you should utilize 2 teaspoons jarred minced garlic or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder for comfort.
- Coconut Aminos – Provides candy and umami taste to the sauce. This can be a more healthy soy sauce substitute, however be happy to make use of typical low-sodium soy sauce as an alternative.
- Beef Broth – Helps make the sauce. You too can use beef bone broth for an excellent richer sauce and extra diet.
- Sesame Oil – Provides a nutty style and aroma. I favor toasted sesame oil, however common additionally works.
- Ground Ginger – Floor ginger is handy, however you may as well use contemporary in case you have it. Should you go for contemporary, use 1 tablespoon of contemporary grated ginger and saute it concurrently the garlic.
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes – Purple pepper flakes add a bit of warmth, be happy to omit should you don’t prefer it spicy.
- Inexperienced Onions – Provides a contemporary taste and an additional layer of texture.
- Sesame Seeds – A sprinkle of sesame seeds provides a nutty taste and crunchy texture.
- Cucumber – A sliced cucumber is completely non-compulsory, however I feel it provides a scrumptious crunch to the dish. You’ll be able to bulk up Korean beef bowls with veggies and add shredded carrots on prime, too.
TOPPING VARIATION: Add a fried egg!
For an additional filling meal, end the dish with a fried egg on prime. Many variations of Korean beef bowls recommend a sunny aspect up egg, however prepare dinner yours nonetheless you want.
How To Make Korean Beef Bowls
This part reveals make a wholesome Korean beef bowl with step-by-step pictures and particulars in regards to the method, that can assist you visualize it. For full directions, together with quantities and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Cook dinner the cauliflower rice. In a large wok (or massive skillet) over medium-high warmth, warmth the olive oil. Add cauliflower rice. Season with sea salt and black pepper, if desired. Saute till cooked by. Switch to a plate and canopy to maintain heat.
TIP: Stir fry cauliflower rice over medium-high warmth.
This ensures that it fries as an alternative of steaming, reduces any cauliflower odor, and makes for a greater taste.
- Make the sauce. In a small bowl, whisk collectively coconut aminos, beef broth, sesame oil, floor ginger, and pink pepper flakes. Put aside.
- Brown the meat. Add the bottom beef to the pan and prepare dinner over medium-high warmth, till browned.
- Add garlic. Make a effectively within the beef and add the minced garlic. Saute till aromatic, then combine into the meat.
- Add the sauce. Pour the sauce over the meat. Deliver to a boil, then scale back warmth and simmer. After you add the Korean beef stir fry sauce to the pan, it will likely be liquid, however will thicken up and take up into the meat should you simmer it for only a bit.
- Assemble the Korean beef bowls. Divide the cauliflower rice amongst bowls. High with floor beef. Garnish with sliced inexperienced onions, sesame seeds, and cucumber slices.
- Retailer: Retailer your Korean floor beef and rice bowl within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
- Meal prep: Floor beef recipes like this one are nice for meal prep prematurely! These glass meal prep containers are the right dimension.
- Reheat: If you’re able to eat leftovers, you’ll be able to reheat them within the microwave or in a skillet, till scorching.
- Freeze: If you wish to freeze this simple Korean beef bowl, merely retailer the cauliflower rice and floor beef individually within the freezer for as much as 4 months.
What To Serve With Korean Beef Bowls
This dish makes a one-pan meal, so that you don’t should make the rest for dinner. However if you wish to add somewhat one thing, listed here are some nice accompaniments to any Korean floor beef bowls meal:
Extra Wholesome Asian Impressed Recipes
Uncover extra scrumptious and healthy Asian recipes that come collectively quick!
Korean Beef Bowl (Easy In 20 Minutes!)
You’ll love this easy 20-minute Korean beef bowl recipe with ground beef, flavorful Asian sauce, cauliflower rice, cucumbers & green onions.
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Total: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 (adjust to scale recipe)
Tap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for wholesome recipes weekly! (Click on the bell icon to be notified once I submit a brand new video.)
Faucet underlined substances to see the place to get them. Please flip Safari reader mode OFF to view substances.
Faucet on the occasions within the directions beneath to start out a kitchen timer whilst you prepare dinner.
Warmth 1 tablespoon (15 mL) olive oil in a large wok over medium-high warmth. Add cauliflower rice. Season with sea salt and black pepper, if desired. Saute for 3-5 minutes, till cooked by.
Take away the cauliflower rice from warmth, put aside, and canopy to maintain heat.
In a small bowl, whisk collectively the coconut aminos, beef broth, sesame oil, floor ginger, and pink pepper flakes. Set the sauce apart.
Flip warmth again to medium-high. Add one other tablespoon (15 mL) olive oil to the wok. Add the bottom beef and season with sea salt. Cook dinner for about 8-10 minutes, breaking apart with a spatula and stirring sometimes, till browned.
Make a effectively within the beef and add the minced garlic. Saute for a couple of minute, till aromatic, then combine into the meat.
Pour the sauce over the meat. Deliver to a simmer, then scale back warmth and simmer for 3-4 minutes, till the sauce is diminished and thickened. There gained’t be a lot liquid left.
Divide the cauliflower rice amongst plates.High with floor beef. Garnish with sliced inexperienced onions, sesame seeds, and cucumber slices.
Serving dimension: ~1/3 cup floor beef + 1 cup cauliflower rice
Quantity per serving. Serving dimension in recipe notes above.
Complete Carbs 11.3g
Internet Carbs 8.3g
Vitamin info are offered as a courtesy. Have questions on calculations or why you bought a unique end result? Please see our nutrition policy.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Healthful Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or web sites. We’d LOVE so that you can share a hyperlink with photograph as an alternative. 🙂
Leave a Reply