This submit might comprise affiliate hyperlinks, which assist preserve this content material free. (Full disclosure)
After years of constructing my traditional stove top chicken fajitas and scorching shrimp fajitas (and even attempting Instant pot steak fajitas), I figured why not attempt to create a sheet pan model? This sheet pan fajitas recipe is a good adaptation that also has all of the flavors I like within the conventional model. The steak, bell peppers, and onions are tossed with spices and cooked within the oven as an alternative of on the stovetop, for a extra hands-off strategy. Sheet pan steak fajitas are so easy, but so flavorful!
Why You’ll Love This Sheet Pan Fajitas Recipe
- Spicy fajita taste
- Tender, juicy steak and veggies
- 6 tremendous easy substances (plus elective cilantro for garnish)
- Prepared in lower than half-hour
- Naturally wholesome, low in carbohydrates, and gluten-free
- A scrumptious one pan meal model of a Mexican favourite!
Components & Substitutions
This part explains how to decide on the perfect substances for sheet pan steak fajitas, what each does within the recipe, and substitution choices. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Flank Steak – It is a price efficient reduce generally used for steak fajitas, however you may also use skirt steak or sirloin steak.
VARIATION: Change the protein!
As an alternative of steak, strive sheet pan shrimp fajitas, sheet pan rooster fajitas (utilizing boneless skinless rooster breasts), or just omit the protein for sheet pan fajita veggies. The prepare dinner time for rooster shall be just like steak, whereas shrimp will normally be slightly sooner.
- Olive Oil – Avocado oil works effectively, too.
- Bell Peppers – It’s greatest to make use of a wide range of colours for visible attraction, so select your favorites. I used a pink bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, and inexperienced bell pepper.
- Onion – I used a yellow onion, however white onion or pink onion will even work.
- Fajita Seasoning – I made my very own homemade fajita seasoning, which is a mix of chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cumin, dried oregano, cayenne pepper, and sea salt. You’ll be able to substitute store bought seasoning and even homemade taco seasoning. In case your seasoning doesn’t comprise salt, add 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Lime Juice – I extremely suggest contemporary lime juice, however you possibly can use bottled lime juice if wanted. I additionally prefer to garnish my completed dish with contemporary lime wedges.
- Contemporary Cilantro – Non-obligatory, however provides a pleasant contact of taste and freshness to the dish. I all the time prefer to high mine with just a few sprigs — it actually brings out the flavors of the sheet pan fajitas!
How To Make Sheet Pan Fajitas
This part exhibits methods to make sheet pan flank steak fajitas, with step-by-step photographs and particulars concerning the approach, that will help you visualize it. For full directions, together with quantities and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Slice the meat. Lower the steak or rooster into skinny strips, going in opposition to the grain. A superb thickness is about 1/4 inch thick for steak or 1/2 inch thick for rooster. If any of the items are too lengthy, slice them in half crosswise.
TIP: If utilizing steak, freeze for quarter-hour for simpler slicing.
This isn’t required, however freezing the meat briefly makes it firmer, so it’s simpler to slice thinly. (This isn’t required, it simply makes it simpler.) For rooster this isn’t crucial in any respect, because the slices aren’t so skinny.
- Season. Add steak (or rooster), olive oil, sliced peppers and onions, fajita seasoning and lime juice to a big mixing bowl. Toss effectively to mix. (Alternatively, you’ll be able to prepare the meat and veggies on the sheet pan first, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with seasoning, and toss to mix.
- Organize. Switch steak and greens to a big baking sheet and unfold in a fair layer. (In case your baking sheet doesn’t have an incredible nonstick floor, spray with cooking spray first.)
- Roast. Prepare dinner your straightforward sheet pan fajitas within the oven, till the steak is browned and the greens are tender.
- Garnish. Take away from oven and sprinkle with contemporary cilantro earlier than serving.
- Retailer: Let leftovers cool utterly, then switch them an hermetic container. Retailer within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
- Meal prep: Lower steak and veggies forward of time and retailer within the fridge for as much as 2 days.
- Reheat: Heat up steak sheet pan fajitas in a preheated oven at 350 levels F for 8-10 minutes.
- Freeze: Organize cooled fajitas on a baking sheet and place within the freezer for 2-3 hours, till stable. Switch to a freezer-safe container or zip lock bag, and freeze for as much as 3 months.
What To Serve With Sheet Pan Fajitas
Serve flank steak sheet pan fajitas with all of the fixings, plus some straightforward sides:
- Heat Tortillas – Corn tortillas or flour tortillas are traditional selections, however I admit I usually take pleasure in these of their low carb kind with none tortilla in any respect, as a steak fajita bowl, or with coconut tortillas, 4-ingredient cauliflower tortillas, easy jicama tortillas, or 20-minute almond flour tortillas. They even work stuffed into cheese taco shells or folded right into a lettuce wrap!
- Toppings – Select any toppings you want. I prefer to high my fajitas with shredded cheese, bitter cream, avocado (or guacamole!), contemporary cilantro, and a squeeze of lime. Pico de gallo or salsa additionally goes effectively — both common tomato salsa or creamy avocado salsa verde.
- Sides – Strive cilantro lime cauliflower rice or contemporary and crisp taco slaw.
- Margaritas – You’ll be able to’t have Mexican delicacies with no good marg! My skinny margarita is good and light-weight — excellent with this dish.
Concepts For Leftovers
There are such a lot of methods to take pleasure in flank steak sheet pan fajita leftovers! Listed below are some concepts:
Extra Wholesome Mexican Recipes
Take a look at these scrumptious recipes for extra Mexican-inspired taste!
Sheet Pan Fajitas (Steak Or Chicken!)
Sheet pan fajitas combine tender steak or chicken, bell peppers and onions in an easy seasoning. A 25-minute one-pan meal with 6 ingredients!
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Total: 25 minutes
Servings: 4 (adjust to scale recipe)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C).
Slice the steak (or chicken) into thin strips, going against the grain, about 1/4 inch thick for steak or 1/2 inch thick for chicken. If any of the pieces are too long, slice them in half lengthwise.
Add the steak or chicken, olive oil, sliced peppers and onions, fajita seasoning and lime juice to a large mixing bowl. Toss well to combine (tongs work well for this).
Transfer the steak (or chicken) and vegetables to a large sheet pan and unfold into a fair layer. (In case your baking sheet does not have an incredible nonstick floor, spray with cooking spray first.)
Roast sheet pan fajitas within the oven for 15-18 minutes, till the steak (or rooster) is browned and the greens are tender. (Don’t prepare dinner for too lengthy, in any other case the steak will dry out and get robust).
Take away from oven and toss with contemporary cilantro earlier than serving.
Serving dimension: 1/4 pound steak + 1 cup greens
Diet data is for sheet pan steak fajitas. It will likely be barely completely different if utilizing rooster.
Quantity per serving. Serving dimension in recipe notes above.
Whole Carbs 13.1g
Internet Carbs 9g
Diet info are supplied as a courtesy. Have questions on calculations or why you bought a special end result? Please see our nutrition policy.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Healthful Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or web sites. We’d LOVE so that you can share a hyperlink with photograph as an alternative. 🙂
Leave a Reply