This publish might include affiliate hyperlinks, which assist preserve this content material free. (Full disclosure)
Have you ever made shirataki noodles earlier than? Generally they go by different names: Konjac noodles or miracle noodles. Till not too long ago, they have been not considered one of my favourite keto pasta choices. The feel was somewhat off-putting. However then I made a decision to play with some completely different preparation strategies, and located a means that works very properly — this shirataki noodles recipe has a texture that’s actually near actual pasta. Even my younger children went for it!
I favored this methodology a lot that I now generally substitute these for the zucchini noodles in keto pho and zucchini alfredo, the spaghetti squash in keto pad thai and spaghetti squash casserole, or the kelp noodles in kani salad. When you discover ways to cook dinner shirataki noodles this fashion, I believe you’ll be a convert for a lot of of your pasta dishes, too.
What Are Shirataki Noodles?
Shirataki noodles, additionally referred to as konjac noodles or miracle noodles, are a low- or zero-calorie noodle comprised of the basis of the konjac plant. They’ve been eaten in Japan for over a thousand years [*]! They don’t style very like something on their very own, however will tackle the flavour of no matter sauce you employ, very like common pasta.
These miracle noodles are comprised of glucomannan fiber, which is the gelatinous fiber discovered within the root of the konjac yam, however another varieties are comprised of tofu. I personally buy this brand, as I want konjac noodles over these made with tofu (see why I try to limit soy here).
Why You’ll Love This Shirataki Noodles Recipe
- Impartial style (so it takes on any sauce taste)
- Al dente noodle texture
- Easy components
- Simply 3.4g net carbs per serving with the sauce, or 1g web carbs with out the sauce (received’t spike blood sugar!)
- Prepared in lower than half-hour
- Naturally low-calorie, low carb, keto pleasant, vegetarian, gluten-free, and full of prebiotic soluble fiber
How To Cook dinner Shirataki Noodles
This part exhibits easy methods to cook dinner konjac noodles, with step-by-step pictures and particulars in regards to the approach, that will help you visualize it. For full directions, together with quantities and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
How To Put together Shirataki Noodles:
The directions on the bundle usually say to simply rinse and eat, however I don’t advocate this. In the event you don’t cook dinner them correctly, they will have a rubbery or barely crisp texture. That’s why I examined extensively (6 occasions!) to search out the perfect methodology, beneath. Made appropriately, they’ve a texture similar to al dente pasta (and you may do that methodology with shirataki rice too). Strive it out and see!
- Rinse. Place the shirataki noodles in a colander and run below cool working water. This helps neutralize their taste.
- Boil. Carry a big pot of water to a boil. Add the noodles and boil.
TIP: Boiling is technically non-obligatory, however really helpful for texture.
You possibly can skip it if you happen to actually need to, however I did a comparability check with and with out, and doing this step undoubtedly improved texture.
- Drain. Return noodles to the colander to empty. Rinse properly once more below working water. Pat very dry with paper towels.
- Stir fry. Warmth a large skillet over medium-high warmth. Add noodles (no oil) and stir fry till very dry. Take away and canopy.
TIP: The dry stir frying step is essential for the perfect texture and taste.
Whether or not you skipped the boiling step above or not, undoubtedly don’t skip the stir fry step. It actually helps to make your miracle noodles as impartial – and as near actual pasta in texture – as attainable.
End With Garlic Parmesan Sauce:
You need to use any pasta sauce you want for shirataki noodles! The one we’re making here’s a creamy garlic parmesan sauce:
- Saute the garlic. Add olive oil to the skillet over medium warmth. Add minced garlic and cook dinner till aromatic.
- Add broth and cream. Carry to a simmer, then scale back warmth and simmer till quantity is decreased by half.
- Thicken with cheese. Stir within the parmesan cheese, till easy and thick.
- Toss. Add noodles again to the skillet and stir to coat in sauce. Cook dinner till scorching. Season with salt and pepper to style.
Extra Sauces For Konjac Noodles
Past the garlic parmesan sauce above, you can also make shirataki noodle recipes with all of your favourite pasta sauces! These are a few of my favorites:
- Retailer: Hold within the fridge in an hermetic container for 3-4 days.
- Meal prep: Make these forward of time and retailer within the fridge. They reheat very well.
- Reheat: Heat the noodles within the microwave or a scorching skillet, till heat.
- Freeze: Don’t freeze your shirataki noodles! As a result of the noodles have a lot liquid in them, they won’t thaw properly after freezing.
Extra Low Carb Noodle Recipes
Noodles are a staple in lots of diets, however what if you happen to’re on the lookout for one thing somewhat lighter and low carb? Take a look at these noodle recipes — you received’t miss the starch!
Shirataki Noodles (Best Recipe)
Learn the BEST method for how to cook a shirataki noodles recipe (konjac noodles) to an al dente texture. This recipe takes just 25 minutes!
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Total: 25 minutes
Servings: 4 (adjust to scale recipe)
Tap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for wholesome recipes weekly! (Click on the bell icon to be notified once I publish a brand new video.)
Faucet underlined components to see the place to get them. Please flip Safari reader mode OFF to view components.
Faucet on the occasions within the directions beneath to begin a kitchen timer when you cook dinner.
Rinse shirataki noodles very properly in a colander, below cool working water.
Carry a pot of water to a boil. Add the konjac noodles and boil for 3 minutes. Rinse properly once more below working water.
Warmth a large, heavy bottomed skillet over medium-high warmth. Add the noodles (no oil) and stir fry for about 10 minutes, till very dry. Take away the noodles and canopy to maintain heat.
Add olive oil to the skillet over medium warmth. Add the minced garlic and cook dinner for a few minute, till aromatic.
Add the broth and cream. Improve warmth to deliver to simmer, then scale back warmth and simmer for about 5-7 minutes, till quantity is decreased by half.
Scale back warmth to low. Step by step stir within the parmesan cheese, till easy.
Add the noodles again to the skillet and stir to coat in sauce. Cook dinner for 1-2 minutes, till scorching. Season with salt and pepper to style, if wanted.
Serving dimension: ~1 cup, or 1/4 whole recipe
Quantity per serving. Serving dimension in recipe notes above.
Complete Carbs 5.5g
Web Carbs 3.4g
Vitamin info are offered as a courtesy. Have questions on calculations or why you bought a distinct consequence? Please see our nutrition policy.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Healthful Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or web sites. We’d LOVE so that you can share a hyperlink with photograph as a substitute. 🙂
Leave a Reply