These delicate, straightforward do-it-yourself baked oatmeal Breakfast Bars are yummy, hearty, nutritious, and assured to maintain you powered for hours. They’re filling, kid-friendly, and filled with scrumptious components like peanut butter, banana, and honey.
Why You’ll Love These Peanut Butter Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- Go-To Recipe. These breakfast bars with oats are one of many very first recipes I ever posted on my website. Since then, lots of you have got informed me how these bars (together with Healthy Oatmeal Cookies) have develop into a weekly staple in your properties (and your children love them too!).
- Wholesome and Hearty. Neglect the cereal bars from the shop! Similar to my Healthy Granola Bars and Peanut Butter Protein Bars, these straightforward wholesome oatmeal bars will assist hold you full. With protein, fiber, and wholesome fat, they fulfill for hours.
- Cozy Goodness. This soft-baked oatmeal breakfast bar recipe combines the three musketeers of breakfast flavors: peanut butter, banana, and oatmeal. It’s a trio that’s comforting, homey, and basic in the absolute best means.
- EASY! This recipe is a one-bowl marvel and is so fast and straightforward, your littlest bakers might help.
That is a type of recipes you’ll flip to persistently, and it’ll by no means allow you to down!
5 Star Evaluation
“I made these bars for breakfast daily final 12 months!! They’re superb: hold me full all morning, frivolously candy.”
— Daybreak —
How you can Make Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- Previous Normal Oats. Makes these breakfast bars healthful, filling, and barely chewy. For finest outcomes, don’t swap for immediate oats as this may affect the general texture of the bars.
- Entire Wheat Flour. I’ll all the time take any alternative to sneak in some entire grains right into a recipe.
- Cinnamon. Heat, earthy cinnamon pairs completely with nutty oats, and creamy dreamy peanut butter.
- Banana. Provides moisture and naturally sweetens the bars (identical to in Healthy Banana Bread).
- Honey. Helps bind the components collectively, provides sweetness, and helps the bars caramelize and switch golden within the oven.
- Peanut Butter. Provides these oatmeal bars a delicate peanut butter taste. Almond butter, sunflower seed butter (a nut-free choice), or cashew butter may additionally be used.
- Applesauce. One other all-natural sweetener for these wholesome oat bars that provides moisture and helps bind every thing collectively. (It does the identical factor for these Applesauce Muffins.)
- Milk. Helps carry every thing collectively right into a cohesive batter.
- Baking Powder. Provides these bars a mild rise and soft-baked texture.
- Egg. Retains these bars delicate and tender.
- Vanilla. Only a kiss of pure vanilla extract to make the bars style beautiful.
- Mix the Dry Substances. Don’t neglect to preheat your oven.
- Stir the Moist Substances Collectively. Be sure this bowl is sufficiently big for each the moist and dry components.
- Add the Dry Substances to the Moist. Stir to mix.
- Fold within the Banana. Pour the batter into your baking pan.
- Bake the Bars. Bake breakfast bars at 375 levels F for 35 minutes. Lower into bars. ENJOY!
- To Retailer. As soon as cooled, bars may be wrapped individually in plastic and saved within the fridge for five days.
- To Reheat. You’ll be able to gently heat the bars within the microwave should you’d like.
- To Freeze. Freeze the bars in a freezer-safe ziptop bag for as much as 4 months. Let thaw within the fridge in a single day earlier than serving.
Crumble leftover bars over a bowl of Greek yogurt for a tasty spin on granola.
What to Serve with These Simple Breakfast Bars
Typically a breakfast bar is sufficient for breakfast, and different days you want extra! Listed below are some concepts of what pairs effectively with these bars:
- Baking Pan. Good for making these soft-baked oatmeal breakfast bars.
- Measuring Cup. Doubles as a mixing bowl so you have got fewer dishes to scrub.
- Mixing Bowls. This set has a measurement for the moist and dry components.
Recipe Ideas and Methods
- Swap as You Please. Not a fan of bananas? Swap them for different contemporary or dried fruit. Blueberries are an exquisite substitution and raisins or dried cranberries are one other nice choice. No entire wheat flour available? You’ll be able to swap it for an equal quantity of all-purpose flour.
- Use the Proper Oats. Please don’t use fast oats or on the spot oats for this recipe, as the feel of the bars could also be negatively impacted. Old style oats make sure the bars keep collectively and have the best texture.
- Gown Them Up. Whereas these oatmeal bars are tremendous on their very own, my favourite option to eat them is warmed up for breakfast with additional sliced bananas and peanut butter. You could possibly additionally add chocolate chips, shredded coconut, chopped nuts, or some other toppings you take pleasure in.
Place rack within the middle preheat oven to 375°F. Frivolously coat an 8×8 inch sq. pan with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, stir collectively the oats, entire wheat flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
In a separate giant bowl, mix the milk, applesauce, egg, honey, peanut butter, and vanilla.
Pour the dry components into the moist combination and stir to mix. The batter can be very moist.
Fold within the diced banana, then pour into the ready baking pan.
Bake for 35 minutes or till thickened and golden and a toothpick inserted within the middle comes out clear. Cool, reduce into bars, and serve.
- TO STORE: As soon as cooled, bars may be wrapped individually in plastic and saved within the fridge for five days.
- TO FREEZE: Freeze the bars in a freezer-safe ziptop bag for as much as 4 months. Let thaw within the fridge in a single day earlier than serving.
- BIGGER BATCH: You could improve the ingredient portions by 1.5 and bake in a 9×13 inch pan for 25-Half-hour to yield extra bars.
Serving: 1(of 8)Energy: 224kcalCarbohydrates: 40gProtein: 8gFats: 5gSaturated Fats: 1gPolyunsaturated Fats: 1gMonounsaturated Fats: 2gTrans Fats: 1gLdl cholesterol: 23mgPotassium: 349mgFiber: 5gSugar: 13gVitamin A: 133IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 104mgIron: 2mg
Be part of immediately and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite recipes and entry FREE meal plans.
Incessantly Requested Questions
No. This recipe, as it’s written, is just not gluten free. If you want to make a gluten free oatmeal breakfast bar, readers have reported success swapping the entire wheat flour for an equal quantity of oat flour or almond flour. Be suggested that the feel of the bars could end up barely totally different nonetheless utilizing one in all these swaps. Be sure you’re utilizing gluten-free oats too.
To be sincere, omitting the applesauce isn’t one thing I like to recommend. The applesauce each binds and moistens the bars so it’s an essential ingredient! The closest factor I can counsel (and readers have reported success with) is pumpkin puree, although it can have an effect on the flavour. One other concept is to strive changing it with half oil and half yogurt, although I haven’t tried it this fashion, so it could be an experiment.
Presumably. I’ve not tried making these oat bars vegan so it could be an experiment. I might counsel swapping the honey for maple syrup and the milk on your favourite non-dairy milk of alternative. As for the egg, you could possibly strive swapping it for a flax egg.
Sure! Breakfast bars are a good suggestion for a crowd. You’ll be able to improve the ingredient portions by 1.5 and bake the bars in a 9×13-inch pan for 25-Half-hour to yield extra bars.
Leave a Reply